Bread Ingredients:2 granny smith apples
1 1/2 cups milk
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 T. cinnamon
4 T. melted butter
4 T. sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Topping Ingredients:1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut apples into small chunks, then microwave for 3 minutes.
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm milk.
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and egg in mixing bowl.
- Pour milk and melted butter into flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Knead for about three minutes, then add apples and knead until apples are combined with dough.
- Form dough into ball, put in lightly oiled bowl near oven (on stove top) and let rise 20 minutes.
- Take the dough out of bowl, re-knead slightly, re-shape into ball and let rise 20 more minutes.
- Again, take the dough out of bowl, re-knead slightly, re-shape into ball and let rise 20 more minutes
- Combine ingredients for topping. If butter is too hard, place near oven to soften.
- Re-shape dough into a ball and place on a lined pan. Gently spread topping mixture across the top of the dough and make one large cut down the middle.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Rotate pan, cover with tinfoil, and bake for another 20 minutes (bake for approximately 45 total)
- Cool on rack for about an hour before serving.
Flip it!Add your favorite type of nut at the same time you knead in the apples!
Serve with butter or apple butter!
If not serving immediately, warm-up a slice in the microwave for 25-30 seconds!