Monday, March 4, 2013
Simply line up peeps around the edge of a vase and add a tea light.
The key for me was not taking the individual peeps apart; just leave them together and they will stand up more easily!
I actually made this vase/candle holder by spray painting a red candle holder I got from Goodwill and added a vase (also from Goodwill) with transparent E6000 industrial strength adhesive. I use it all year round to decorate by filling it with different things depending on the season or upcoming holiday!
Sunday, March 3, 2013
Ingredients:1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
42 Peppermint Kisses
Directions:- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes
- Mix in egg and vanilla until well blended
- On a low speed, beat in flour, cocoa and salt until blended
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on a non-stick baking sheet about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Meanwhile, unwrap the Peppermint Kisses
- If you want the kisses to melt down (as shown in the picture), press a kiss into each cookie as they come out of the oven. If you want the kisses to maintain their kiss shape, wait about 3 minutes before pressing a kiss into each cookie.
Flip it!- Try using peppermint extract instead of vanilla!
- Use your favorite type of kiss! (I have found the Peppermint Kisses to only be available around Christmas time.)
- Roll each dough ball in sugar before baking for a glittery effect!