Ingredients:1 - 16.5 oz. package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
12 oz. cream cheese
1 - 16 oz. bag of Wilton's vanilla candy melts
Directions:- Cook the sugar cookies according to the package directions.
- Zest and juice the lemon and lime.
- Cream together the cream cheese and zest and juice from the lemon and lime.
- Once the cookies have cooled, break them up into small pieces.
- Add the broken up cookies to the cream cheese mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Chill the mixture until it is workable to roll into balls (about 1 hour).
- Cover a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Roll balls approximately 1 tablespoon in size from the cream cheese mixture and place on the parchment paper.
- Freeze the balls for about 1 hour (the longer the better, it makes them easier to coat).
- Melt the vanilla candy melts taking care not to overheat. If the vanilla seems to thick, add vegetable shortening and heat slightly to make the mixture more smooth.
- Using a bamboo skewer (or other long, thin instrument) dip the cream cheese balls into the melted vanilla until coated. I like to add a small dollop to the top as well.
- Before the vanilla hardens, sprinkle the tops with sugar or sprinkles.
- Keep refrigerated.
Note: Some of my bites look greener in the picture because I used some green colored vanilla candy melts in addition to plain white. I think next time I'll use white because it wasn't the color green I was going for!
Flip it!- For a less creamy bite, use only 8 oz. of cream cheese!
- Use only lemon or only lime depending on your taste preference!