|American Flag Coasters|
4x6 inch American flag(s)
4x4 inch felt square(s)
Mod Podge clear acrylic sealer
- Carefully remove flag from stick taking care to damage as little of the flag as possible (I used a staple remover and scissors).
- Trim the flag in a straight line to remove the damaged fabric from removing the stick.
- Measure 4 inches from the side of the flag with the blue and stars and cut off the excess (about 2 inches).
- Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the tile, center the flag on the tile, then coat thinly with Mod Podge. I had some trouble with my flags wrinkling as they dried so I just periodically checked them and carefully lifted a corner and smoothed out any air bubbles until they were completely dry.
- Apply two coats of Mod Podge clear acrylic sealer (waiting 15 min. between coats).
- Measure and trim felt (if necessary) to 4x4 inches and affix to back of the tile (I used a hot glue gun).
Flip it!- I have made coasters using scrapbook paper and other fun fabrics!
- You could print pictures and make coasters of family, friends, or pets!